- Pizza Dough (easy yeast free recipe here, if you don't like heavy bread); thawed at room temp
- PS- If you don't know the blog A Beautiful Mess, you should check it out while your pizza is baking!
- 1/2 c. Heavy Cream
- 2 tbs butter, divided
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves fresh pressed or 1 tbs powder
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese for sauce, extra for pizza topping (as much as desired)
- 1 mozzarella log for topping
- 1 chicken breasts, grilled and chopped
- Basil and honey, if desired
- Preheat oven to 450*
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and sauté with the garlic and a dash of salt/pepper. If your basil is dry, then add that here as well.
- It is important to not overcook/brown this! Just enough to make the garlic fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer on medium-low heat. Do not let it boil.
- Roll out your pizza dough, transfer to pizza pan (nifty trick it to roll the dough around the pin and then roll it out when transferring).
- Pierce the dough with a fork & bake per maker's/recipe's instructions (usually 5-10 mins, until golden brown)
- Returning to the sauce, add 1c parmesan and the rest of the butter to the sauce and simmer about 2-3 mins. The mixture should be fairly thick after the cheese has melted and fully incorporated.
- If it is not thick, you can remove 1 tbs of the sauce to a bowl and add enough flour or cornstarch to make it into a paste. Then, return it to the sauce and whisk it in to incorporate and thicken.
- Sauce should resemble a spreadable paste- too thin and it will get everywhere, too thick and you won't be able to spread it on the crust. Think the thickness of condiments- like thick Mayo or Dijon Mustard.
7. Once the dough is pre-cooked, pull out of the oven. Spread the Alfredo sauce on crust, then top with mozzarella slices, chicken and extra cheese as desired. We also like to drizzle honey on top to caramelize the chicken- you HAVE to try it.
8. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is lightly browned.
9. Top with basil (if fresh) once out of the oven, and voila! Delicious, nightshade free pizza! Who needs tomato sauce, anyway?