- 3-4 Sweet Potatoes
- 2-3 Carrots (full size)
- 1 lb Meat of choice (we like ground lamb), cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 tb oil of choice (we use coconut or EVOO)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Saffron (optional, but so so so tasty!)
- Honey (to drizzle)
1. Drizzle the oil into a large pan (we use a wok) and warm on medium-high heat.
2. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and carrots and add them to the pan.
*Hint* You can make the chopping process easier by wrapping the potatoes in a damp paper towel and microwaving for 2 minutes.
3. Saute the mixture until browned on the outside. Add salt, pepper, and saffron. Cover and lower the heat to medium.
4. Cook until you can pierce the potatoes with a fork easily. Add the cooked meat and honey and mix in.
This is just the basic recipe. You can pretty much add whatever veggies you want to make this your signature dish. Heck, I even added apples one time! You can even add chopped cilantro or basil. Go crazy! This is super healthy, filling, quick dinner and has surprised many a friend with its deliciousness.